Tuesday 13 January 2015

GCSE Options!

I'm now in Year 8 at school, which means that I have to choose my options by the end of this month! :/

Normally, you choose your options when you get to Year 9, but my school does it differently and gets you to choose in year 8 so you have more free time and not always crammed with work!

There are subjects that are compulsory by law, these are as follows:
English Literature
English Language
Maths
Science
ICT
PE
...and if you are in the higher sets...
French...

Because I have to take French as well, I only get to choose three more options. It's quite difficult as the options are all in different columns so PE, Business Studies, Food Tech and fashion could be in Block A for example and I could only choose one of all of them subjects to study. Other subjects are in the other columns and I can only choose one out of each.

I've been thinking about what I want to take and I think I'm gonna go with Business Studies, Sociology and History. However, you don't always get your first option, so I have to choose back up options just in case :(

...


I've just come back from Year 8 Parents Evening and started thinking more about my options. It is quite hard and I'm quite stuck as teachers were saying how different GCSE in that subject would be completely different to how it is now and in Year 7. I'm quite stuck now but I think I'm gonna have to check the school website to see what each option is like and what it can do for you in the future.

Govind :)


No comments:

Post a Comment