Wednesday 5 December 2012

My poem about Rain

Rain

Pitter, patter, pitter, patter,
The rain drips slowly down the window,
Chitter,chatter,chitter,chatter,
Can't hear much of that high or low,

Pitter, patter, pitter, patter,
The rain drenches the roof tiles,
Clitter,clatter,clitter,clatter,
That is the only sound on this isle,

My fist is clenched under my chin,
Looks like the rain is going to win,
Preventing me from playing is its only sin,
Sitting by the window infront of the rain makes me feel like an used pin.

By Govind Chahal

2 comments:

  1. Hi Govind - I hope you've had a good break from school.

    I love your poem. I particularly like how you've worked on the rhyming pattern in your verses. I find making poems rhyme really hard!

    Just so you know - I've added a link to your blog onto the Year 6 blog. It's under the 'Blogs we follow' subheading. Hopefully it'll direct some new visitors your way!

    Keep up the hard work with your blog. See you soon!

    Mr Holder

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for putting a link to my blog on the year6 blog and I'm glad that you liked my poem though I did find it hard to make it rhyme, it took me ages! Govind

      Delete